The Town of Kilmarnock has a full time opening for an Assistant to the Treasurer position. This position is a key member of the Town of Kilmarnock administrative team where flexibility, multi-tasking and attention to detail are part of daily customer service expectations.
Primary responsibilities are to assist the Town Treasurer in maintaining the official documents of the Town, to provide Accounts Payable & Purchasing support, account maintenance and billing for various taxes. The position provides excellent customer service in person, via phone, email or internet to citizens and businesses of Kilmarnock. Additional responsibilities include processing payments, accounting reconciliations and data entry in the municipality’s software system as well as general office support duties.
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Health Insurance 100% paid by the Town for employees; employees may purchase health insurance for any dependents.
- Virginia Retirement System eligible.
- 457 Savings Account with employer match through Mission Square Retirement: Employee contributes at least $40 and the Town matches up to $20 per pay period
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability 100% paid by Employer to Lincoln Financial
- Optional Life Insurance purchase through Securian Life Insurance
- Optional AFLAC purchase
- Plus, earn Vacation and Sick Leave from Day 1 of employment. Vacation leave is earned at a rate of 40 hours for the first year of employment. Sick leave is earned at a rate of 3.09 hours per pay cycle.
Work hours are 8:30 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday. The position requires a high school diploma or GED certificate. Accounting experience and use of Microsoft Office products and Windows-based accounting software are preferred.
Submit a Town of Kilmarnock application and résumé c\o Assistant to the Treasurer, P.O. Box 1357, Kilmarnock, VA 22482 or deliver to 1 N. Main St., Kilmarnock, VA. The application is available at the Town Office or online.
Résumés will be accepted until 5:00 PM November 21, 2023. Salary is dependent on skills and qualifications. Kilmarnock is an Equal Opportunity Employer.