Shop Local, Live Local!
Keep Your Dollars Local
We all know how fun it is to shop locally, but there’s more to it. Check out 10 great reasons below.
Ten Great Reasons to Shop Local
1. Dollars you spend locally support vital public services in our town and county.
2. Your community is unique, and our one-of-a-kind businesses are an integral part of our distinctive character. Local ownership ensures that important decisions are made locally by people who live in the community and who will feel the impacts of those decisions.
3. You can grow a relationship with your local merchants. They can get to know you, and cater to your preferences.
4. Local merchants care about and invest in your community. They donate part of your dollars back to local groups and charities.
5. Your local purchases support local jobs.
6. When you shop at one local merchant, you’re supporting a whole host of other business. Banks, restaurants and other business cluster around our local shops.
7. Local shops are more accessible for everyone. This is especially important for elderly, vulnerable and young people and those without transport.
8. You save money by shopping at home. You drive less, save time, and you’d be surprised how often the retail prices are lower, too.
9. You can reduce your environmental impact by cutting out those long drives to the big city.
10. Your purchases help the town attract new entrepreneurs and skilled workers. Towns that preserve their one-of-a-kind businesses and distinctive character are more successful in recruiting.