Town of Kilmarnock Employment Opportunity: Police Officer
Kilmarnock, VA, population 1,200, has an opportunity for a Police Officer. This is a community policing role in support of our residents and businesses.
Kilmarnock Police Department is accepting applications for a full-time position. Applicants that are DCJS certified, as well as non DCJS certified, should apply. Criminal Justice Academy training will be provided to non DCJS certified applicants upon employment. DCJS enrollment within one year is required if not certified.
Applicants must be 21 years of age, have at least a high school diploma or GED equivalent, be in good physical condition, pass a background investigation and have maintained a good driving record. Position requires shift work as well as weekends and holidays. DCJS certified applicant’s pay will be commensurate with abilities and qualifications. Non DCJS certified starting pay is $43,000 annually with a hiring bonus of $5000 paid in two installments. DCSJ Certified applicant salary is based on experience.
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Health Insurance 100% paid by the Town for employees; employees may purchase health insurance for any dependents.
- Virginia Retirement System eligible.
- 457 Savings Account with employer match through Mission Square Retirement: Employee contributes at least $40 and the Town matches up to $20 per pay period
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability 100% paid by Employer to Lincoln Financial
- Optional Life Insurance purchase through Securian Life Insurance
- Optional AFLAC purchase
- Plus, earn Vacation and Sick Leave from Day 1 of employment. Vacation leave is earned at a rate of 40 hours for the first year of employment. Sick leave is earned at a rate of 3.09 hours per pay cycle.
- There is a 90-day probationary period for all hires.
To apply: Submit a Town of Kilmarnock or state application with a cover letter or statement of interest and resume to Police Chief, 1 N. Main Street, P. O. Box 1357, Kilmarnock, VA 22482 or email@example.com.The position will remain open until filled.