Town of Kilmarnock Employment Opportunity:
Public Works Employee
The Town of Kilmarnock has a full time opening in its Utilities and Public Works department for a Public Works employee.
Key responsibilities include:
- Maintenance within Town Centre Park with duties including, but not limited to, general maintenance of all facilities at Town Centre Park, landscaping, operating some power equipment, cleaning of sidewalks, restrooms and public areas and trash removal.
- Support during seasonal events at Town Centre Park. May require evenings and\or weekends.
- Installation of seasonal equipment within the Park (i.e. holiday decorations, program set up)
- Maintenance within Steptoe’s District, with duties including, but not limited to, maintaining the landscaped beds, watering, weeding, deadheading of plant materials, sweeping sidewalks and curbing and operating some power equipment.
- Street beautification tasks including hanging of American flags, seasonal banners, Christmas tree etc. at locations within Kilmarnock.
- Maintenance within other areas of town as needed: grass cutting, trash removal as examples
- Occasional other duties within public works or utilities (i.e. Monthly reading of customer water meters, inspections of wells and sewerage pump stations as examples)
- Assist, as needed, with water line and sewer line repair, occasionally at night and on weekends.
- Flexibility with work hours is essential.
Work hours are 6:00am to 2:30pm Monday through Friday with evening and weekend shifts as required. High school diploma or GED and a valid driver’s license are required. Starting pay is $30,000 annually and may increase commensurate with abilities and qualifications. Benefits include fully paid medical insurance for the employee plus dental, vision and life insurance and retirement benefits through the Virginia Retirement System. Other optional coverages are available.
Submit a Town of Kilmarnock application and résumé c\o Public Works-Employment, P.O. Box 1357, Kilmarnock, VA 22482 or deliver to 1 N. Main St., Kilmarnock, VA. The application is available at the Town Office or online. Kilmarnock is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Job remains open until filled.